February 16, 2013

Posted by Sherri Flemings | File under : , ,
Edward Cutie Pants.
I had so much fun with my first tablet sketch that I thought I'd do a series of cute little cartoony characters. What better way for me to practice drawing characters for some of my personal game projects?

The Edward Scissorhands dvd was lying on the coffee table so why not draw one of my favourite movie characters?



The references for my scissorhands inspiration.

Sketch sans hands
Pretty happy with this sketch. I struggled a bit with his hands though, and forgot to save an image of the final sketch before I added the colour. I'm still not happy with the collar either, but I'm just trying to keep this fun so I won't be too hard on myself.



Hello cutie pants!
This is pretty fun :)

Yep I'm having a lot of fun with this right now. I really need to work on my colouring (or lack of colouring) skills. I had trouble getting the shading and highlights to turn out how I wanted them to. So, I just kinda gave up and decided to call this guy done.

We've been re-watching TNG and I think I may tackle Worf next. I know it may come as a surprise to some  that I don't want to draw Jean-Luc... but I don't think I could do that bald beauty any justice ;)




Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. Love the way he turned out - particularly his expression. :) Looking forward to seeing more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've never really done anything cartoony before and I'm having so much fun! I just finished Worf, and I think I need to do a superhero next!

    ReplyDelete